NPD logoAccording to the NPD Group, game and puzzle sales in the UK grew 4 percent during 2013. The firm’s end-of-year review, released for the opening of London Toy Fair, also revealed that overall size of the UK toy market was down 1 percent to £2.9 billion, while the number of units sold dropped 5 percent.

The biggest hit to toy sales came from the so-called “pocket-money” category, impulse purchases priced £5 or less, such as blind-bag Lego minifigs. Sales in this category fell 12 percent.

Furby Boom led the list of top-selling individual products.

  • Comments Off on Games Bolster UK Toy Market