sjgSteve Jackson has published his annual Report to the Stakeholders with some interesting, if not very surprising, facts. At 75 percent of sales in 2008, all things Munchkin brought in around $2.2 million in revenue. While GURPS still accounts for most of the remaining 25 percent of sales, thin margins on RPGs means that in the future the company will continue to focus more on board and card games. Pyramid magazine, which Steve Jackson recently moved to a digital format, is currently operating in the red. So if you’ve been sitting on the fence about subscribing, it might be now or never.

The bottom line is Steve Jackson’s top three priorities for the future are:

  1. Keep existing Munchkin games in print.
  2. Release new Munchkin products.
  3. Develop entirely new board and card games.

If you think you might have something to contribute to this effort, the report also mentions that the company is currently hiring.